The Health Centers at both our Kendal at Longwood and Crosslands campus offer short-term and long-term skilled nursing. Whether you are recovering from an illness or surgery or require on-going long-term care, each resident is an active participant in their health care decisions. Residents work together with staff to seek solutions that encompass total well-being and preventative care.
Skilled Nursing Services and Amenities
- Private rooms overlooking gardens and nature scenes
- Registered nurse on site 24 hour per day; high caregiver-to-resident ratio
- Chef-prepared meals and diets created under the direction of a licensed dietitian and served according to resident preferences and diet orders
- Education and support groups programming
- Integrated/Household model of care for residents with cognitive impairments
- Life enrichment and inter-generational activities and programs based upon resident’s preferences, needs and abilities
- Use of all the community spaces and programming
- Wheelchair accessible bus offers transport to off-site medical appointments
- Wellness/Fitness Center and aquatics programming
- In house Rehabilitation staff including Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Speech Therapy
*Services related to: Ventilator care, Total Parenteral Nutrition (TPN), Acute Psychiatric Care,
Bariatric Care, New Tracheostomies, or Nasogastric (NG) Tubes, are not available at
Through a comprehensive accreditation process, The Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) assists health and human service providers in improving the quality of their services, demonstrating values, and meeting internationally recognized organizational program standards. Kendal~Crosslands Communities voluntarily participates in this accreditation process. This indicates to the public that we are a service provider that is committed to continuously improving and providing high quality care and services.
Person Centered Long Term Care Community (PCLTC) and Dementia Care Specialty Program (DCSP)
PCLTC demonstrates the community’s commitment to autonomy, dignity, individual choice, cultural competence, flexibility, and families/support systems. We understand what residents want, how the services should be delivered, and how the residents can be engaged in the community.
DCSP delivers person-centered care and services focused on the unique and changing physical, cognitive, communication, emotional, psycho-social, behavioral, occupational, medical, palliative, educational, environmental, and leisure/recreational needs of persons with dementia.
Peace of Mind – Life Care Contract
Residents living at Kendal at Longwood or Crosslands campuses who choose the Traditional Life Care contract receive the continuing levels of care, including unlimited long-term care and skilled nursing. These services are available for the same monthly fees as cottage or apartment living, with only the cost of additional meals.
Regardless of which contract our residents choose, the full continuum of care means that as the years go by, residents face the realities of aging in a positive way. You benefit from a coordinated approach on a consistent, continuing basis provided by a highly qualified, interdisciplinary health care team familiar with you and your individual circumstances.
Individuality is created by the lovely surroundings, the staff providing care, and the residents who live in the Health Center.
Direct Admission – – we are able to accept direct admission into our Skilled Nursing Center with private residencies on a per diem basis subject to availability, financial application, and health conditions. Residents who live on a per diem basis pay a daily rate of $418 (private accommodations). For additional information and for inquiries about direct admission to our Health Centers, please contact Health Services Administration at 610-388-5644.